Monster Scrub Python Removed from Yorkey's Knob































Other species of python we encountered include this Spotted python, Antaresia maculosa, and a Water python, Liasis fuscus.




I am surprised not to have found more specimens of the Carpet python, Morelia spilota, I photographed this individual on a trip to Lake Eachem. I was also fortunate to have handled this Black-headed python, Aspidites melanocephalus, while working at the Australian Venom Zoo.




I was also able to photograph a few of the colubrid species which the region has to offer, unfortunately Australia does not have many colubrid snakes. These included the Common tree snake, Dendrelaphis punctulata, the Brown tree snake, Boiga irregularis, which is very common in this region. The Keelback Tropidonophis mairii and the Slatey-grey snake, Stegonotus cucullatus.




I was very disappointed not to have found any elapid snakes, however I did come across this absolutely amazing Leaf-tailed gecko, Phyllurus cornutus. This specie is almost impossible to spot due to it's camouflage and arboreal & nocturnal habits.