Harmless Species

When I started to collect snakes and other reptiles, I was very young and inexperienced. However I soon learned that I have a gift. While working with these animals they quickly become calm and placid. My theory is that the animal can sense if you are at ease with what your doing, the second you become afraid it reacts and resorts to escape or defense. However there is a difference between being confident and over confident, especially with venomous species, which should always be handled with great respect and the correct equipment. After I had worked with more and more snakes I learned the psychology of various species and this aided me greatly in becoming a better handler. My motto is SAFETY FIRST and NO BRAVADO.








This Southern African rock Python, Python natalensis, captured on our farm in Zimbabwe, is the largest snake I have caught do date, at 4.5 meters.
I would like to plan a trip to the Amazon and catch a world record green anaconda.